Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Exam Pattern, New Update in GATE 2016 including paper pattern and question type. Basic Features of GATE 2016 are given below in this article.
Paper Pattern and Specification for GATE 2016:
Students / Candidates should know about exam pattern and new rules included in the GATE 2016.
- Exam paper should be solved in 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Paper contain 65 questions of total 100 marks
- Both MCQ and Numerical answer type question will be asked in the question paper.
- Mode of exam would online only, brief details of online examination is given below in this web page.
- 10 Questions in the exam paper will cover from General Aptitude (GA).
- 15% of total marks (approximately) will cover from engineering mathematics
- Remaining questions will be covered from core subject (in which candidate have pursued their engineering).
- Multiple choice questions carrying one or two marks for each question, while each question include four options to answer.
- Questions is there to test the candidates abilities like Recall. Comprehension, Application, Analysis and Synthesis.
- Two kind of negative marking scheme would applicable for wrong answers. If one mark question will wrong then 1/3 mark reduced and if two mark question get wrong then 2/3 mark of question will be reduced.
- Separate negative marking scheme is applicable for GG, XE and XL.
- Candidate can appear in GATE Exam by choosing one of paper among 23 papers.
Numerical Answer Type Questions in GATE 2016 Paper:
This time the GATE Paper will contains two types of question, First is Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Second is Numerical type questions. Objective type questions can be directly answered by selecting appropriate option from given options. To solve Numerical type questions candidates have to use virtual key board.
Features of GATE 2016 Exam:
- GATE Exam conducted for 23 Papers via online mode (Computer Test) also called Computer based Test (CBT), Exam paper basically include numerical questions and Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
- Biometric information will be capture for security verification. Such students will be selected randomly from examination hall.
- Exam schedule is announced with official GATE 2016 notification. Online Exam would schedule in Forenoon and Afternoon session. Exam is held on weekend days (Saturday & Sunday) only. 30th January 2015 is the first official exam date for GATE 2016 and 07th February 2015 is the last exam date.
- Candidate have not to send any application form in hard copy or by any other source. Registration form will be received after final submission of application form and registration fees.
- Without making fee payment of registration / application fees, application of candidate would rejected without application fee submission. Candidates have make fee submission by online mode of bank challan.
- Admit Cards will be issued before one month of examination. A notice will be issued on official portal concerning to hall ticket for online exam. Admit Card is must for all exam aspirants to appear in the exam.